Real time, real news: Goal.com LIVE! brings you the action as it happens.
Lazar Markovic cost Liverpool £20 million in July 2014 but, according to La Nazione, it looks like he could be set to depart. The 21-year-old has made 13 appearances on loan at Fenerbahce this season, scoring one goal, and is reportedly a summer target for Fiorentina.
Transfer Talk: Fiorentina want Markovic
Well, we did NOT see that coming.
First Atletico Madrid, and now Real Madrid have confirmed their intention to appeal the two-window transfer ban placed on them by Fifa.
"Real Madrid will appeal this decision by Fifa using all sporting bodies, considering it absolutely unacceptable," concludes a Madrid statement.
Could a Sam Allardyce signing be any more of a Sam Allardyce signing than Dame N'Doye?
No, no it could not.
Big Sam tells the club's official website: "Dame will bring something different to our forward options. Having already played in the Premier League he should have no problems in hitting the ground running too, which is very important at this stage of the season."
We have a Premier League done deal! Sunderland have completed the signing of Dame N'Doye on a loan deal until the end of the season. The 30-year-old, who had a spell in England with Hull last year, has failed to score in his 12 appearances for Trabzonspor since joining the club in August.
Newcastle and Sunderland had been linked with a move for Andy Carroll but it looks like he's staying put. The West Ham striker has suffered a hamstring injury which will rule him out for at least a month.
Carroll out for a month
No January move for Atdhe Nuhiu - Sheffield Wednesday have announced that the 26-year-old striker has signed a new deal with the club until 2018.
In case you missed it, Didier Drogba was in attendance at Stamford Bridge last night to watch Chelsea's 2-2 draw against West Brom. The 37-year-old, still under contract with Montreal Impact, is rumoured to be considering retirement ahead of a return to the Blues in a coaching role alongside Guus Hiddink.
Chelsea-bound? Drogba spotted at Stamford Bridge
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has told Goal that the transfer ban is "complicated, difficult and unfair" but says it will not prevent the club from challenging for titles.
He added: "The truth is that for us it has been a surprise. We are convinced that we have to appeal the sanction and we will do it for sure. I don't know if we can sign in the summer, because I do not know how the rules are, but there will be an appeal so let’s see."
Cerezo: Transfer ban won’t stop Atletico
Unless the ban gets delayed, Real Madrid have just over two weeks to make their final signings before summer 2017.
Eden Hazard? Robert Lewandowski? David De Gea? Paul Pogba? ANYONE??? Check out 13 players who Real could attempt to make a last-ditch move for...
The players Real Madrid could try to sign
So, erm, about Cristiano Ronaldo wanting to leave this summer...?
It’s not gonna happen. From Real’s main man to Atletico’s defensive rock, here are the Madrid stars who will be going absolutely nowhere for the foreseeable future...
The Real & Atletico players going nowhere
No surprises here - Atletico Madrid have confirmed that they will appeal their two-window transfer ban.
"Our club does not agree with the sanctioning ruling from the international football body and is studying the documentation received to lodge an appeal."
Atletico to appeal Fifa transfer ban
Goal understands that Liverpool youngster Allan Rodrigues de Souza will spend the rest of the season on loan at Belgian club Sint-Truiden. The 18-year-old has impressed Jurgen Klopp during first-team training and will travel to Belgium today before finalising the move on Friday.
Allan set for Sint-Truiden loan
Erm... steady on, Mohamed!
"I would like to tell [the fans] that, although you have not seen much of me, I promise I will contribute positively with the team," he told Arsenal Player.
"I am hoping that we win the Premier League and cup this season, and the Champions League as well."
Elneny targets historic Arsenal treble
@GoalUK now that's the attitude— EastLondonGunner (@danechannon) January 14, 2016
Emmanuel Adebayor is STILL without a club having left Tottenham in the summer, with a host of Premier League sides rumoured to be interested in his services.
And Harry Redknapp, writing in his Evening Standard column, feels Chelsea could do with him.
He wrote: "When you look around at what is available in the market this month, Adebayor on a free transfer until the end of the season is a no-brainer.
"Chelsea have been linked with him and if he went to a club like that, he’d know he wouldn’t necessarily play every week but on a short-term basis."
While Real Madrid may be in a scramble to sign players before their transfer ban is imposed, at the other end they are also keen to keep youngster Martin Odegaard.
According to Marca, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is eager to bring the 17-year-old to Anfield, but president Florentino Perez wants him to develop at the Santiago Bernabeu.
RUMOURS: Real Madrid block Premier League move for Odegaard
Norwich City look set to become the latest Premier League side to dip into the lower leagues with the arrival of Ben Godfrey from League Two's York City.
York manager Jackie McNamara told YorkPress: "Everything has been agreed and sorted now and, while we wanted to keep Ben, his mind was made up."
Will Alex Neil's new midfielder, who turns 18 tomorrow, follow in the footsteps of recent lower-league success stories Jamie Vardy and Deli Alli?
Real Madrid are in a pickle.
Along with city rivals Atletico, they have been handed transfer bans for the next TWO transfer windows for breaching rules regarding players under the age of 18.
Zinedine Zidane's side have been linked to a host of players from Eden Hazard to David De Gea in recent times - but who should they sign in January before the lockdown?
VOTE NOW: Which player must Real Madrid sign before their transfer ban starts?
Sunderland will announce the loan signing of striker Dame N’Doye from Trabzonspor today, according to Sky Sports.
The 30-year-old may be a familiar face to some, having left Hull City for Turkey following the Tigers' relegation from the Premier League in May.
He has just one goal for his new club this season - is he what Sam Allardyce's relegation threatened side need?
Andrea Pirlo has been linked with a move back to Serie A in January with Inter Milan thought to be plotting a loan move, but he insists he wants to stay with New York City.
"I will not return to Serie A," he told Corriere della Sera. "Many teams approached me over the past few weeks, but I am not planning to go back on the decision I made a few months ago."
Pirlo: I will not return to Serie A