thumbnail Hello,

The midfielder says he will continue to do his best for his club, despite speculation surrounding his future, and says he will not be distracted by transfer talk.

Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila has said he is in no rush to leave the club after chairman Frederic de Saint-Sernin revealed the player had received a “concrete offer” from England.

Arsenal has repeatedly been linked with a move for the France international for some time, despite manager Arsene Wenger having previously ruled out signing the 22-year-old.

However, M’Vila has now given his thoughts on the saga, saying he is happy to stay at Rennes but refusing to rule out the possibility of a move.

“For the moment, I am here, I am well, I'm not complaining, I play,” he said. “I must play good matches. While I am here, I am [at] the disposal of the coach and I must do the best possible. The transfer window ends on September 4, so I will not lose my head.

“If I must stay another year or more, I will stay. If I must go, that's life. But if I stay here, I will be 100 percent concentrated.”

Arsenal has enjoyed a busy summer in the transfer market already, bringing in Lukas Podolski, Santi Cazorla and Olivier Giroud, although captain Robin van Persie’s future at the club still remains in some doubt.

Follow GOAL.COM USA on

Related

From the web