The Argentine has been linked with a shock exit from Camp Nou after engaging in a war of words with vice-president Javier Faus - but the player's dad says he will stay at the clubLionel Messi's father has dismissed suggestions his son could leave Barcelona following his public fall-out with a high profile figure within the club's hierarchy.
The four-time Ballon d'Or winner has accused the club's vice-president, Javier Faus, of knowing nothing about football and attempting to run the club like a business.
The criticism stemmed from earlier comments from Faus, who stated the Blaugrana were under no obligation to extend Messi's current deal or offer him a wage increase, as had been previously touted by president Sandro Rosell.
The war of words has led to fears amongst supporters that the Argentina star could walk away from Camp Nou, but the player's father is adamant his son will not depart Catalonia.
Jorge Messi told Ole: "The future of Lionel is in Barcelona. No one can doubt that Lionel is at Barcelona for the feeling he has for the club.
"When Lionel says something it always generates a lot of news. We don't want any conflict situation."
Messi has endured a difficult season so far, arguably his first real taste of adversity in a Barcelona shirt, as he continues his recovery from a persistent hamstring injury.
The problem originally flared up at the back end of last season and has forced the 26-year-old out of action for over a month after he pulled up in Barca's clash with Betis on Nov. 10.
However, the forward is hoping to make his comeback in January in line with the initial prediction of a six to eight-week lay-off.
The Catalans travel to Levante on Sunday for what will be their final game of 2013 ahead of the two-week winter break in La Liga.