thumbnail Hello,

Iain Hume scored to help his team win over a fellow Canadian international's side in England's League One. recaps that and other Canadians Abroad weekend action.

Hume's late goal spurs Doncaster to victory

Iain Hume continued his influential form for red-hot Doncaster Rovers over the weekend, scoring a 79th minute goal on Saturday to start a 2-1 comeback victory over Marcus Haber's Stevenage.

Both Hume and Haber played 90 minutes for their respective sides in the match, the result of which allowed Doncaster to remain tied with Tranmere at the top of England's League One.

Jackson starts in Norwich deadlock

Simeon Jackson got a rare league start for Norwich City on Saturday, going 68 minutes in a scoreless draw with visiting Newcastle United.

The draw sees Norwich remain just outside the top half of the Premier League table.

De Guzman a second half entrant for Swansea in draw

Canadian-born Jonathan de Guzman had to wait until the 58th minute to take the field for Swansea City, which grabbed a 0-0 draw at Everton.

The Swans remain in the top 10 of the EPL.

Hoilett still injured as QPR earns a point

Junior Hoilett was out with a hamstring injury as his side, QPR, held favoured Tottenham to a 0-0 draw at Loftus Road on Saturday.

Hoilett is expected to miss another week or two recovering from the ailment.

Edgar goes 90 in Burnley win

David Edgar played the full match for Burnley in a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The win allowed Burnley to close the gap on Palace, which is in fourth place in the Championship and eight points above Edgar's team.

Nakajima-Farran plays second half as Alki gets routed

Issey Nakajima-Farran's new club, Alki, continues to be a relegation candidate in Cyprus' top division after suffering a 3-0 defeat on Monday.

The Canadian was summoned at halftime to try to inject some life into the 10-man Alki side, but unfortunately for Nakajima-Farran all three goals happened in the second half.

Borjan backstops Sivasspor victory

Milan Borjan was in the nets for Sivasspor as the side withstood a late red card to outpace Elazığspor to a 3-1 victory.

The win keeps Sivasspor within shouting distance of the upper teams in Turkey's Super Lig with half a season remaining.