The 'Caps host the league-leading Earthquakes, with both teams experiencing dramatic finishes to their midweek matches.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1):Cannon; YP Lee, DeMerit, Bonjour, Harvey; Koffie, Davidson; Richards, Robson, Camilo; Mattocks.
OUT: FW Eric Hassli (R ankle strain); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: MF John Thorrington (R quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Chavez, Cronin, Baca, Salinas; Wondolowski, Gordon.
OUT: MF Sam Garza (rib fracture); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Steven Lenhart (concussion symptoms); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose has the best record in the league, with 43 points from 21 games. Vancouver has 31 points from the same amount of matches.
- The Earthquakes lead MLS with 15 goals in the last 15 minutes of matches.
- With a .550 record, the Quakes also lead MLS in winning percentage when conceding first.
- Marvin Chavez is tied for second in the league with eight assists. Chris Wondolowski leads the golden boot race with 17 goals.
- Vancouver drew 2-2 with the LA Galaxy midweek despite leading by two goals with 10 minutes to go in the game. Before that, the Whitecaps went on a five-game road swing, posting a 1-3-1 record.