An already contentious Cadscadia clash is made all the more important by the prize of potential playoff qualification.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Knighton; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Harvey; Koffie, Rochat; Richards, Mattocks, Robson; Miller.
QUESTIONABLE: FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture)
PROBABLE: GK Brian Sylvestre (concussion symptoms); MF Russell Teibert (L quad strain)
|Seattle Sounders (4-4-2): Gspurning; Johansson, Parke, Ianni, Gonzalez; Evans, Tiffert, Alonso, Zakuani; Montero, Johnson.
OUT: FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); DF Andrew Duran (L knee ACL surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Patrick Ianni (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: MF Mauro Rosales (R quad strain); MF Christian Tiffert (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Cascadia Cup rivals are meeting for a third time this season. Seattle’s Fredy Montero scored in the 90th minute in yet another wild finish at BC Place, leaving the teams in a 2-2 draw on May 19. Montero and Eddie Johnson scored in a 2-0 Seattle win, Aug. 18 at CenturyLink Field.
- Vancouver has yet to win an MLS game against the Sounders. Seattle has won twice in four all-time meetings in the league, with two draws.
- The Sounders lost for just the second time since the end of June in their 2-1 home loss to San Jose last weekend that kept them from clinching a berth in the MLS Cup Playoffs.
- But the Sounders will secure postseason soccer if they avoid a loss against Vancouver.
- A Whitecaps win could end the playoff aspirations of Chivas USA, the Portland Timbers and the Colorado Rapids, depending on the results recorded by those sides.