The Whitecaps grabbed a 2-0 lead in Edmonton last week, and will look to end the semifinal series as efficiently as possible.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Knighton; Klazura, Bonjour, Mitchell, Harvey; Franks, Teibert, Thorrington; Harris, Hassli, Chiumiento.||
OUT: ; GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery);
PROBABLE: FW Darren Mattocks (R shoulder burn), FW Etienne Barbara (groin strain)
|FC Edmonton (4-3-3):
Monsalve; Rago, Hamilton, Augustin, West; Van Leerdam, Oppong, Porter; Lam, Pinto, Saiko
OUT: M Kyle Yamada (lower body injury), M Sérisay Barthélémy (lower body injury)
QUESTIONABLE: Fabrice Lassonde (groin)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the fifth edition of the Canadian Championship. The tournament winner advances to the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League.
- In the first ever match between these clubs last week, the Vancouver Whitecaps took a 2-0 first leg lead through goals from Eric Hassli and Atiba Harris.
- The Whitecaps have won four consecutive matches in all competitions. The club kept their win streak alive in the fourth minute of stoppage time in a 2-1 win over the San Jose Earthquakes during MLS play at BC Place on Saturday.
- FC Edmonton are in sixth place in the second-tier NASL, with four points from five matches played. The club claimed its first win of the season this weekend, defeating Vancouver coach Martin Rennie's old team, the Carolina RailHawks, 3-0, through a hat-trick from Shaun Saiko.
- The Whitecaps have claimed second place in the Canadian Championship to Toronto FC for three seasons running, with the Montreal Impact claiming the inaugural title.
- In Edmonton's first involvement in the competition last season, the club crashed out to eventual champion Toronto 4-0 on aggregate.