The two hottest teams in MLS clash at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in what some predict could preview this year's MLS Cup.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Zusi, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, Convey.
OUT: GK Eric Kronberg (lower back injury)
PROBABLE: DF Cyprian Hedrick (R Achilles tendinitis)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Olave, Wingert; Beckerman, Johnson, Velasquez, Gil; Espindola, Saborio.
OUT: MF Nico Muñiz (R MCL sprain)
DOUBTFUL: FW Cody Arnoux (L adductor strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (L rib cage dislocation); MF Enzo Martinez (lower back spasms); MF Javier Morales (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This game features the top two teams in MLS, each with 15 points - the only teams with five wins thus far. Sporting KC boasts the only perfect record left in MLS. The other two times a team started with a 5-0-0 record (the LA Galaxy in 1996 and 1998), it made it to the MSL Cup final.
- SKC 'keeper Jimmy Nielsen has strung four shutouts together. Kansas City has conceded just once all season for the stingiest defensive record in the league.
- These teams traded home wins last season.
- Fabian Espindola's goal in the 2-0 win over the Colorado Rapids last week brought him up to 29 for Salt Lake, tied with Robbie Findley for the club record.
- Cosmopolitan named RSL fullback Tony Beltran one of its "Hot Soccer Players We Can't Resist."