Both managers have been linked with the sack in recent weeks and will be desperate for a win that could save their jobs and spark a revival from the bottom of the table.
Bosingwa, Ferdinand, Nelsen, Traore
Granero, Diakite, Faurlin
Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw
Puncheon, Schneiderlin, Cork, Lallana
QPR is without defenders Stephane M’Bia (suspended) and Fabio (hamstring), but center back Ryan Nelsen (ankle) could recover following his withdrawal from the New Zealand squad in midweek.
In midfield, Park Ji-Sung (knee) is unlikely to recover from injury, while Jamie Mackie (ankle) and Kieron Dyer (calf) are doubtful. Andy Johnson is expected to miss most of the season due to a knee injury.
Mark Hughes could therefore name a unchanged lineup with attackers Adel Taarabt and Junior Hoilett behind Djibril Cisse in a lone striker role. Target man Bobby Zamora is an alternative either on his own or as part of a front two.
Southampton could also name an unchanged side, missing only the injured right back Frazer Richardson (thigh) and midfielder Richard Chaplow.
Nigel Adkins opted for Paulo Gazzaniga in goal last week ahead of Artur Boruc, while the youthful pair of left back Luke Shaw and central midfielder Jack Cork could retain their places ahead of Danny Fox and Steven Davis, respectively.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR is currently bottom of the Premier League and is without a win so far after 11 league games.
- Despite avoiding relegation last season with a run of five straight home wins, Mark Hughes' side has scored just three goals at Loftus Road so far, the lowest in the Premier League together with Sunderland, having lost two and drawn three of its five home matches.
- Southampton is second from bottom in the table and is the only team without a clean sheet having conceded 29 goals, the most of any team in the league.
- The Saints are the only team in the league without an away point having lost all five of their games on the road this season, conceding at least two goals in each to attain a joint-Premier League record (along with Blackburn in 2009-10) of 18 goals conceded in a season’s first five away games.
- The two clubs last met in the 2008-09 Championship in a 0-0 draw at St Mary’s Stadium, with the previous encounter at Loftus Road resulting in Adam Lallana (pictured right) netting the only goal for the Saints in a 4-1 away defeat.
- There have been two or fewer goals scored in each of the Hoops’ last four games in the Premier League.
- Nigel Adkins’ side has conceded seven goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season, more than any other Premier League side.
- Forty percent of the South Coast club’s goals this season have been headers, the highest proportion in the top flight.