Two teams on the Eastern Conference playoff bubble meet, with Philly riding the form of the league's most potent forward.
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Parke, Gaddis; Cruz, Carroll, Daniel, Farfan; Le Toux, McInerney.
OUT: Michael Lahoud (lower abdomen strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Zach MacMath (R hamstring strain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Williams, Gehrig, Glauber, Wahl; Oduro, Sanchez, Tchani, Meram; Higuain; Arrieta.
OUT: Drew Beckie (L adductor strain), Chad Marshall (R hamstring strain), Augustin Viana (R hamstring strain), Daniel Withrow (R foot stress reaction)
QUESTIONABLE: Dominic Oduro (R quad contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Philadelphia is currently fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a 5-5-4 record. It occupies the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
- Columbus' record is 4-4-5. The Crew are in seventh place in the East.
- Philadelphia Union striker Jack McInerney scored his MLS-best 10th goal of the season on Saturday to salvage a 1-1 draw against Toronto. His equalizers and game-winning goals have won 17 of Philadelphia's 19 points this year.
- The Crew have won just one of their last five games in Major League Soccer.
- They have, however, converted three penalty kicks this season (of four awarded), tied for the most in MLS.