Columbus looks to keep pace with the Eastern Conference leaders, while Philadelphia tries to get out of the race for the wooden spoon.
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Williams, Califf, Valdes, Lopez; Gomez, Carroll; Daniel, Adu, M. Farfan; Pajoy.||
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion); MF Roger Torres (L knee MCL sprain)
PROBABLE: DF Danny Califf (L hamstring strain)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Gehrig, Marshall, Francis; Urso, Gaven, Anor, Mirosevic; Vargas, Renteria.
OUT: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee internal injury); DF Julius James (illness)
DOUBTFUL: GK William Hesmer (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain); MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time these two teams met, the Union won 1-0 to snap an eight-game winless run. Counting last year's playoffs, the Union are . . . on an eight-game winless run.
- No player on either of these teams has recorded more than a single goal this season.
- The Crew conceded four goals last week against New York. They conceded four or more goals twice last season.
- Philadelphia has conceded six goals in four games this season. It took The Union nine games to reach that figure in 2011.
- Philadelphia midfielder Roger Torres will miss eight to 10 weeks with a sprained MCL.