These two sides met in the third round last year, with the Merseyside outfit winning 5-1, but Oldham will be keen to provide some relief from its poor league form.
Wabara, Mvoto, Byrne, Grounds
M'changama, Furman, Smith, Croft
Wisdom, Skrtel, Carragher, Robinson
Suso, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling
Cristian Montano (thigh) was recently ruled out for two months for the hosts, but former Everton youngster and star striker Jose Baxter is likely to start fresh from signing a new deal.
Under-fire Oldham manager Paul Dickov can boast a near-fully fit squad after James Wesolowski returned to last week from serving a three-match ban.
Brendan Rodgers is expected to make a number of changes with a trip to Arsenal awaiting three days later, with the likes of Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Robinson and Suso likely to return to the starting lineup.
Jose Enrique (hamstring) is expected to be out for another three weeks, while goalkeeper Pepe Reina (broken nose) has recently undergone surgery with a return date unspecified.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Oldham has picked up just one point from its previous eight League One games, losing seven and drawing one, and finds itself in 19th place in the table.
- The Latics beat Championship side Nottingham Forest 3-2 away from home in the third round of the FA Cup.
- Oldham has not advanced further in the FA Cup than the fourth round in 19 years - when it lost to Manchester United in the semifinal after a replay.
- These two teams faced each other in last year's third round, with Liverpool triumphing 5-1 at Anfield.
- The Reds have won the FA Cup seven times, with their last triumph coming in 2006.
- Daniel Sturridge (pictured right) has scored in each of his first three games for Liverpool.
- Liverpool has faced Oldham four times in the FA Cup and has won each time.