Alan Pardew's men sit one place behind Saturday afternoon's visiting side and will hope to seal three points in order to boost their chances of a top-four finish.
Simpson, S Taylor, Williamson, Santon
Ben Arfa, Anita, Cabaye, Gutierrez
O'Brien, McCartney, Collins, Reid
Benayoun, Nolan, Jarvis
Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew looks set to be forced into making a couple of changes from the side that drew 1-1 away to Liverpool. James Perch was forced off in the first half of that match and may remain on the sidelines with Vurnon Anita moving forward into midfield and Danny Simpson taking the right back berth.
Elsewhere, Mike Williamson is likely to come in for the suspended Fabricio Coloccini. Further forward, Demba Ba should recover from an ankle knock to take his place in the starting XI while Cheikh Tiote again misses out through suspension.
As for the Hammers, Sam Allardyce could be set to name the same lineup as the one which recently held Manchester City to a goalless draw. Modibo Maiga is pushing for a start but could again be forced to sit on the substitutes bench.
The ex-Newcastle boss could have his options increased with Guy Demel and Alou Diarra poised to return to the squad. Ricardo Vaz Te (dislocated shoulder) and Jack Collison (knee) remain out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Demba Ba (pictured right), and Papiss Cisse have never both got on the scoresheet after starting alongside each other for Newcastle.
- Ba currently sits joint-second in the Premier League’s top scorer charts with Liverpool’s Luis Suarez - with seven goals apiece. Manchester United’s Robin van Persie is currently leading the way with eight strikes.
- The last meeting between the two sides in the Premier League at St James' Park finished in a 5-0 win to the home team - with Leon Best netting a hat trick and Kevin Nolan and Peter Lovenkrands getting the other goals.
- The Magpies are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League matches against the Hammers at St James Park.
- Former Newcastle favourite Andy Carroll has failed to score since completing his loan move to West Ham from Liverpool.
- Another ex-Magpies player, Nolan, is the Hammers' leading scorer so far this season with four goals.