The Fire look to leapfrog the Red Bulls with a road victory in a Wednesday matinee.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Barklage, Holgersson, Marquez, Miller; McCarty, Lindpere, Henry, Lade; Le Toux, Cooper.
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); DF Heath Pearce (R hamstring injury); DF Jan Gunnar Solli (R hamstring injury);
PROBABLE: GK Ryan Meara (R hip injury)
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Gargan, Anibaba, Berry, Segares; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Rolfe, Alex; Oduro.||
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R Achilles tendinitis);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Marco Pappa (upper respiratory infection)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the second of three regular season meetings between the Fire and the Red Bulls this season. On June 17, Patrick Nyarko, Gonzalo Segares and Chris Rolfe scored in a 3-1 Fire victory.
- The Red Bulls currently are in third place in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of the Fire
- The Fire holds a 21-11-9 all-time regular season advantage over the Red Bulls
- Red Bulls defender Wilman Conde spent four seasons with the Fire from 2007-2010. In 2009 he was named the club’s Defender of the Year and was a member of the MLS Best XI.
- The Fire will be without defender Arne Friedrich in this game. The German received a red card in the team’s 1-0 victory over Vancouver Whitecaps FC Saturday evening