The Revs, on a three-game unbeaten streak, host Los Angeles, which was eliminated from the U.S. Open Cup midweek at the hands of lower-league Carolina.
|New England Revolution (4-5-1): Shuttleworth; Farrell, McCarthy, Gonçalves, Tierney; Nguyen, Fagundez, Caldwell, Toja, Agudelo; Bengtson.||
OUT: Kevin Alston (illness) - DL, Ryan Guy (L calf strain), Stephen McCarthy (L Achilles strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Kelyn Rowe (R calf tightness), Clyde Simms (R MCL sprain), A.J. Soares (R hamstring strain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Cudicini; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Donovan, Sarvas, Juninho, Stephens; Zardes, Villarreal.||
OUT: Jack McBean (Fractured left clavicle)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Galaxy is fourth in the Western Conference on 20 points. Four points back, the Revs are tied for sixth in the East.
- Last week, Robbie Keane scored his first MLS hat trick in a 4-0 win over the Seattle Sounders. Keane will miss this match through international duty with the Republic of Ireland.
- In the Seattle game, Robbie Rogers played his first game since publicly disclosing his sexuality. He is the first openly gay man in American professional team sports.
- New England has won two games in a row by a 2-0 scoreline with Juan Agudelo and Diego Fagundez scoring. Fegundez has scored in three consecutive matches.
- When these teams met for the only time last season, the Revs won 3-1 away.