BVB can equal Werder Bremen's landmark for most points gained on the road in the league with a victory over Krassimir Balakov's side on Saturday afternoon.
Dick, Abel, Rodnei, Bugera
Fortounis, Tiffert, De Wit, Sahan
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Gotze, Kagawa, Perisic
Kaiserslautern coach Krassimir Balakov will have to do without the services of a few key players ahead of the clash with the reigning Bundesliga champions. Defender Jan Simunek is recovering from an injury and will be joined on the sidelines by attacker Dorge Kouemaha.
Mario Gotze is expected to finally make his return from injury for BVB after being out of action since January 2012. He will replace Jakub Blaszczykowski in the starting XI as the Polish attacker has picked up an infection and will miss Saturday's game.
The last absentee for Borussia Dortmund is Julian Koch, who is unlikely to feature for Jurgen Klopp's men in the current campaign.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund has defeated Kaiserslautern just once in the 19 games between the two clubs at the Fritz Walter Stadion.
- Jurgen Klopp's men successfully defended their Bundesliga crown last week after a 2-0 win over Monchengladbach at the Signal Iduna Park.
- Dortmund can equal the league record for most away points in a season (37) with a victory on Saturday.
- Kaiserslautern has been relegated to the second tier of German soccer, the third time in their history it has been demoted from the Bundesliga.
- The Red Devils recorded their first league victory since late October 2011 last Saturday when they beat Hertha Berlin 2-1. It also ended a run of six straight league defeats.
- Despite Kaiserslautern's good home record against Dortmund, they have won just twice in their own backyard this season in the Bundesliga, against Mainz and Freiburg.