Andre Villas-Boas’ side heads into the second leg leading 3-0 and will hope to finish off the out-of-sorts Serie A opponent, but is without the suspended Gareth Bale.
Zanetti, Juan, Chivu, Pereira
Benassi, Cassano, Guarin
Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Assou-Ekotto Lennon, Dembele, Parker, Holtby
Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni will be hoping his side can recover from back-to-back to defeats. Samir Handanovic is set to return in goal after missing Sunday’s Serie A loss to Bologna through suspension.
Javier Zanetti made his 600th Serie A appearance in that match and the veteran is again expected to start. Up front, Antonio Cassano is poised to provide support to Rodrigo Palacio as the Nerazzurri search for goals.
As for the visitors, Andre Villas-Boas will be without star man Gareth Bale whose yellow card in the first leg ruled him out of the game. Brad Friedel is again poised to start in goal in place of Hugo Lloris.
Emmanuel Adebayor could well be in contention for a return from an ankle injury, but may have to settle for a place on the bench with Jermain Defoe again starting. Steven Caulker could come into the team after recently losing his place to Michael Dawson.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter has struggled for results in Serie A over recent weeks - winning just three of its last 13 games.
- Rodrio Palacio (pictured right) has an impressive scoring record in the Europa League this season with seven goals in nine appearances, two off Roberto Boninsegna's all-time club competition record of nine managed in 1969-70.
- Inter has won the UEFA Cup, now the Europa League, three times - in 1990-91, 1993-94 and 1997-98.
- Tottenham is undefeated in its previous 10 Europa League games, including the 3-0 first-leg victory, stretching back to November 2011.
- The last meeting between the two teams at San Siro saw Inter run out the 4-3 winner, with Bale grabbing the headlines in defeat with a hat trick.
- Tottenham has faced Italian opposition 10 times - winning four times, drawing four and losing just twice.