Montreal looks to take a six-point lead atop Group 5 with a win at CCL upstart Heredia.
|Heredia (4-4-2): Calderon; Medina, Arias, Garcia, Velsquez; Espinoza, de Matta, Andrade, Cordoba; Lopez, Miranda
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Bush; Brovsky, Ferrari, Lopez, Camara; Romero, Arnaud, Warner, Nyassi; Paponi, Wenger.
- Montreal won its first match of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League by a 1-0 scoreline over fellow MLS side San Jose Earthquakes.
- The Impact have elected to leave key veterans Marco DiVaio, Alessandro Nesta, and Patrice Bernier at home. The next MLS match for Montreal is a clash with Eastern Conference foes Houston Dynamo on Saturday.
- Montreal is participating in its second Champions League. The Impact previously made it to the quarterfinal stage of the 2008-09 tournament as a second division side.
- Wednesday night will mark Heredia's first ever Champions League match. The club qualified for the continental competition as the team with the second-best aggregate record in Guatemala's domestic league behind Comunicaciones.
- Heredia is currently in fifth place in its league after three matches.
- The game is taking place at Estadio Cementos Progreso in Guatemala City -- the home of Comunicaciones -- rather than Heredia's normal home stadium.