Following a poor showing in a 3-1 win over Antigua & Barbuda, Jurgen Klinsmann's men will look to earn a victory in Guatemala.
|Guatemala (5-4-1): Jerez; Gallardo, Lopez, Rodriguez, Vazquez, Morales; Velesquez, Galindo, Ponce, Rodriguez; Ruiz
Guatemala lost its first World Cup qualifier at Jamaica, and will look to get a result at home against the USA.
|USA (4-3-3): Howard, Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Goodson, Johnson; Bradley, Edu; Donovan, Dempsey, Jones; Gomez|
Jurgen Klinsmann will hope to have Fabian Johnson back healthy for this match, after he missed out against Antigua & Barbuda. Jose Torres avoided serious injury when he suffered a bone bruise but no fracture to his left ankle against A & B, and his status for this match is unclear.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The USA opened its World Cup qualification campaign with an unconvincing 3-1 win against Antigua & Barbuda on Friday night.
- Guatemala started its campaign with a 2-1 loss at Jamaica. The loss left it tied with A & B at the bottom of Group A, with USA and Jamaica on top with three points each.
- U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra earned his 105th cap Friday. He is one appearance away from tying for seventh place all-time with Eric Wynalda (106) on the U.S. list.
- Three Guatemalan players have been suspended from the team due to match-fixing allegations: Guillermo “Pando” Ramírez, Gustavo Cabrera and Yony Flores
- Guatemala has never qualified for a World Cup. Its entire roster is domestic-based except for four players.
- The USA is now 5-1-1 in 2012
- The match will not be available via standard broadcast. It will be shown on pay-per-view for $29.95, and will also be shown at a number of bars across the country
Follow GOAL.COM USA on