After a midweek loss to the Rapids in Colorado, the Revs travel to Columbus, where they haven't won since 2009.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Williams, Marshall, O'Rourke, Barson; Oduro, Sanchez, Speas, Anor; Higuain; Schoenfeld.
OUT: Drew Beckie (L adductor strain), Eddie Gaven (L ACL rupture), Glauber (L ACL Rupture), Kyle Hyland (L Adductor Strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Ryan Finley (R Ankle Inflammation), Agustin Viana (R hamstring strain)
|New England Revolution (4-1-4-1): Shuttleworth; Farrell, Soares, Goncalves, Barnes; Simms; Guy, Rowe, Nguyen, Fagundez; Barrett.
OUT: Juan Agudelo (R knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Saer Sene (R hip contusion), Chris Tierney (L knee irritation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Revs haven't won in Columbus since a 1-0 win on the final day of the 2009 season which put New England in the playoffs. The Crew have won their last three games at home against the Revs.
- Columbus last played on July 7, when it snapped both a three-game losing skid and the Portland Timbers' 15-match undefeated run.
- In that match, the Crew started three Homegrown Players: Matt Lampson, Wil Trapp and Chad Barson
- The Revolution, in sixth in the East, have conceded 18 goals this season, tied with two other teams for the stingiest in the league.
- The Crew are one point and one spot back, with 23 points from 19 games.