Two weeks on from a comprehensive LA win, Colorado faces the Galaxy with its playoff future in the balance.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Moor, Wynne, Marshall, Zapata; Rivero, Larentowicz, Thomas, Castrillon; Casey, Cummings.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion); MF Davy Armstrong (personal medical issue)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Brian Mullan (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness); FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness); FW Tony Cascio (L ankle sprain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Wilhelmsson, Sarvas, Juninho, Magee; Donovan, Keane.
OUT: DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Los Angeles is one of three teams that have secured berths in the postseason. The Galaxy are second in the West, with 49 points.
- Colorado is angling for one of the two spots left in the Western Conference. The Rapids, on 30 points, are two points above bottom and eight points away from fifth.
- Colorado will be eliminated from playoff contention if it loses this match and the Vancouver Whitecaps win this weekend.
- Robbie Keane has 10 goals in his last 12 games for a total of 14 goals in 2012. The Irish striker is in a three-way tie for second in the MLS goalscoring charts. Landon Donovan is tied with Graham Zusi for the league lead in assists, on 14.
- These teams met two weeks ago in California. LA claimed a 2-0 win at home, with Keane and new signing Christian Wilhelmsson scoring.