Both teams look to remain in good form and push on towards playoff positions.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Tornaghi; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Lindpere, Pause, Larentowicz, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Salinas, Baca, Cronin, Martinez; Gordon, Lenhart.
OUT: Mike Fucito (R ankle sprain), Ty Harden (osteitis pubis)
QUESTIONABLE: Nana Attakora (concussion), David Bingham (L hamstring strain), Steven Lenhart (R knee inflammation), Tommy Muller (Lower back spasms), Chris Wondolowski (R foot contusion)
- San Jose is coming off a thrilling 3-2 win over the Galaxy in the California Clasico. The Quakes scored twice in injury time to clinch the win. Alan Gordon netted a brace and was named MLS Player of the Week.
- The Fire are currently in the midst of an eight game unbeaten run across all competitions.
- After making the playoffs last season, both teams have endured tough starts to the 2013 campaign, and both sit in eighth place in their respective conferences.
- Current Earthquakes goalkeeper Jon Busch spent three seasons with the Fire from 2007 to 2009.
- The Fire will be without goalkeeper Sean Johnson, who is on the U.S. roster for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. San Jose will be missing Marvin Chavez (Honduras), Chris Wondolowski and newly-acquired Clarence Goodson.