Bundesliga Preview: Bayern Munich-Greuther Furth
Jupp Heynckes' side restarts its assault on the Bundesliga by hosting its bottom-of-the-table Bavarian rival on Saturday.
By Enis Koylu
Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Zimmermann, Kleine, Sobiech, Baba
Klaus, Zillner, Stieber
Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has a near-full squad to pick from as he prepares for his final 17 games in the Bundesliga. The only notable absence is Holger Badstuber, who is out for the rest of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Franck Ribery missed training earlier in the week, but will be fine to start, while Arjen Robben is ready to play once more having recovered from a muscle injury which troubled him in the first half of the season.
Meanwhile, Greuther Furth will without several players. Issa Ndoye (ankle), Michael Hefele (foot), Heinrich Schmidtgal (knee), Edgar Prib and Sebastian Tyrala (ACL) are all injured, while skipper Megrim Mavraj is suspended.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich overcame Greuther Furth at the Allianz Arena 6-2 in the quarterfinal of the 2009-10 DFB-Pokal, with Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Philipp Lahm all finding the target.
- The Roten's final game before the winter break was also a Bavarian derby - a 2-0 win over Augsburg in the the third round of the DFB-Pokal.
- It was announced on Wednesday that Jupp Heynckes (pictured, right) would be calling time on his third spell in charge at Bayern. He has won two Bundesliga titles and three cups with Bayern.
- Greuther Furth has lost all three of its matches against Bayern in history, including a 3-0 home loss on the opening day of the season.
- Midfielder Stephan Furstner spent 11 years in Munich, making one Bundesliga appearance in the 2006-07 season.
- Furth has not won any of its last 15 games - its most recent Bundesliga triumph coming at Mainz on matchday two in August.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 4-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 16.07 %
FC Bayern München 3-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 15.87 %
FC Bayern München 5-0 SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- 10.02 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||2013-01-19||FC Bayern München 2 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (GER1)||2012-08-25||SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0 - FC Bayern München 3|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||2010-02-10||FC Bayern München 6 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth 2|
|FC Bayern München|
|2013-05-18||Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - FC Bayern München 4||GER1|
|2013-05-11||FC Bayern München 3 - FC Augsburg 0||GER1|
|2013-05-04||Borussia Dortmund 1 - FC Bayern München 1||GER1|
|2013-05-01||FC Barcelona 0 - FC Bayern München 3||UCL|
|2013-04-27||FC Bayern München 1 - SC Freiburg 0||GER1|
|Returns:||Bayern $10.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|Returns:||Draw $610.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|Returns:||Greuther Fürth $810.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
|5||Daniel Van Buyten||Defender|
|18||Abdul Rahman Baba||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed