Premier League Preview: Manchester City - Fulham
The champion will be looking to apply pressure on title rival Manchester United with a win over the Cottagers - a side struggling under Dutch manager Martin Jol.
By Rhys Turrell
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Nasri, Tevez, Silva
Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Richardson
Kacaniklic, Ruiz, Duff
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will have captain Vincent Kompany available after the Belgium defender saw his red card from last Sunday's 2-0 win at Arsenal rescinded.
Samir Nasri is in contention after serving a three match ban for the dismissal he received at Norwich. Argentina striker Sergio Aguero (hamstring) may return from the injury he picked up on New Year's Day.
Micah Richards and Maicon (both knee) are out, along with Jack Rodwell (hamstring).
Fulham will include Dimitar Berbatov for the trip to the Etihad, after the Bulgaria striker was rested for the narrow FA Cup win over Blackpool on Tuesday.
Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell (both hamstring) are also available. Simon Davies (hip), Kerim Frei (groin) and Mahamadou Diarra (knee) are all out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has won 65 of the last 67 games when it has been leading by two goals - the others both ended in draws.
- City defender Pablo Zabaleta has made more tackles (67) than anyone else at the Etihad Stadium. He averages one every 22.5 minutes.
- The reigning Premier League champion is averaging 1.12 points per goal in the top flight this season.
- Fulham has scored almost a quarter (23 percent) of its 31 Premier League goals this season in the final 10 minutes of matches.
- The Cottagers are in a bad spell of form - they have won just three of their last 16 matches in all competitions.
- Summer signing Dimitar Berbatov (pictured, right) is the club's leading goalscorer this season - he has seven goals to his name.
- Chris Baird makes the joint-highest number of interceptions per game (3.6) in the Premier League.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 Fulham
- 15.07 %
Manchester City 3-1 Fulham
- 14.76 %
Manchester City 2-0 Fulham
- 9.52 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2013-01-19||Manchester City 2 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2012-09-29||Fulham 1 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2012-02-04||Manchester City 3 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2011-09-18||Fulham 2 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2011-02-27||Manchester City 1 - Fulham 1|
|2013-12-10||FC Bayern München 2 - Manchester City 3||UCL|
|2013-12-07||Southampton 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|2013-12-04||West Bromwich Albion 2 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|2013-12-01||Manchester City 3 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|2013-11-27||Manchester City 4 - FC Viktoria Plzeň 2||UCL|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed