MLS Preview: D.C. United - Philadelphia Union
The former and current capital city of the United States meet in an Eastern Conference showdown intensified by a recent trade.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Korb, McDonald, Jakovic, Chabala; Najar, Kitchen, De Rosario, DeLeon; Pajoy, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Dwayne De Rosario (L shoulder soreness)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Maicon Santos (R toe soreness)
PROBABLE: FW Hamdi Salihi (viral infection)
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Williams, Soumare, Valdes, Gaddis; G. Farfan, Carroll; Cruz, M. Farfan, Adu; McInerney.||
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jorge Perlaza (low back strain); DF Gabriel Farfan (L ankle sprain); MF Michael Farfan (L foot contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Jimmy McLaughlin (L shoulder labral tear); FW Antoine Hoppenot (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. hasn't lost at home since the first match of the season in RFK Stadium, on March 10.
- Philly has the fewest amount of goals in the first half hour of games of any team in the league, with one. No other club has fewer than four.
- This is the second meeting between these sides this season. On June 16, Chris Pontius scored the only goal of the game in PPL Park.
- Dwayne De Rosario is in a three-way tie for second in the league with 10 assists this season.
- United is fifth in the Eastern Conference, with 36 points. Thirteen points back are the Union, ninth in the East.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
D.C. United 1-0 Philadelphia Union
- 50 %
D.C. United 4-0 Philadelphia Union
- 12.5 %
D.C. United 3-1 Philadelphia Union
- 12.5 %
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-10-12||D.C. United 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-08-10||Philadelphia Union 2 - D.C. United 0|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-04-21||D.C. United 2 - Philadelphia Union 3|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-09-20||Philadelphia Union 0 - D.C. United 1|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-08-19||D.C. United 1 - Philadelphia Union 1|
|2014-04-19||Columbus Crew 1 - D.C. United 1||MLS|
|2014-04-12||D.C. United 1 - New York Red Bulls 0||MLS|
|2014-04-05||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|2014-03-29||D.C. United 2 - Chicago Fire 2||MLS|
|2014-03-22||Toronto FC 1 - D.C. United 0||MLS|
|-||Emiliano Ariel Dudar||Defender|
|14||Dwayne De Rosario||Midfielder|
|22||Carlos Enrique Valdes||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed