MLS Preview: FC Dallas - Toronto FC
The Hoops are in desperate need of a win, riding a franchise-worst 11-match winless streak.
By Seth Vertelney
|FC Dallas (4-5-1): Hartman; Loyd, Hedges, Pertuz, Rodriguez; Jackson, Jacobson, Shea, Hernandez, Castillo; Sealy.||
OUT: MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Blas Perez (R foot contusion)
PROBABLE: DF George John (concussion symptoms); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Daniel Hernandez (R knee soreness)
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings, Avila; Johnson, Koevermans.||
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); FW Joao Plata (R hamstring strain); DF Jeremy Hall (concussion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- FC Dallas is currently on an 11-match winless streak, the worst in franchise history. The team's last league win was on April 5 against New England.
- Toronto FC is undefeated in the last four matches under Paul Mariner, going 1-0-3 since losing Mariner's first in charge, a 2-0 loss to Sporting Kansas City.
- FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman has indicated that both David Ferreira and Ricardo Villar should be in a Hoops uniform for this one. Ferreira has missed the entire season, and Villar has been out since Week Five.
- Toronto FC’s Danny Koevermans was voted Major League Soccer Player of the Week for Week 17. He has scored in four straight matches.
- Newcomer Blas Perez leads FC Dallas in both goals (five) and assists (three).
- Both of these teams are in last place in their respective conferences, though each could get out of the basement with a win in this game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Dallas 1-2 Toronto FC
- 20 %
FC Dallas 1-3 Toronto FC
- 10 %
FC Dallas 0-1 Toronto FC
- 10 %
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-04-06||Toronto FC 2 - FC Dallas 2|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-07-04||FC Dallas 1 - Toronto FC 1|
|CONCACAF Champions League (CCL)||2011-10-18||FC Dallas 0 - Toronto FC 3|
|CONCACAF Champions League (CCL)||2011-08-25||Toronto FC 0 - FC Dallas 1|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2011-07-20||Toronto FC 0 - FC Dallas 1|
|2013-10-26||San Jose Earthquakes 2 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|2013-10-19||FC Dallas 2 - Seattle Sounders FC 0||MLS|
|2013-10-12||FC Dallas 2 - Chicago Fire 3||MLS|
|2013-10-05||Real Salt Lake 1 - FC Dallas 1||MLS|
|2013-09-29||FC Dallas 2 - Columbus Crew 4||MLS|
|9||Fabian Andrés Castillo||Striker|
|10||David Arturo Ferreira||Midfielder|
|-||Julian De Guzman||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed