MLS Preview: New England Revolution - D.C. United
With the worst record in MLS and a club-record winless streak, D.C. hosts the Revs, who haven't conceded in three league games.
By Zac Lee Rigg
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Shuttleworth; Farrell, McCarthy, Gonçalves, Tierney; Caldwell; Agudelo, Nguyen, Toja, Fagundez; Sene.
OUT: Kevin Alston (leukemia) - DL, Clyde Simms (R MCL sprain), Donnie Smith (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Dimitry Imbongo (L groin strain)
|D.C. United (4-2-3-1): Willis; Riley, Shanosky, Woolard, Korb; Porter, Kitchen; DeLeon, De Rosario, Pontius; Ruiz.
OUT: Lewis Neal (pubic stress reaction), Marcelo Saragosa (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: Raphael Augusto (R calf strain), Dejan Jakovic (L groin strain), Lionard Pajoy (R hip flexor strain), Alam Syamsir (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. United has the worst record in MLS (1-10-2), with five points from 13 games.
- New England, sixth in the Eastern Conference, has won three MLS games in a row. The Revs have scored five goals in each of their last two games, 5-1 over Rochester in the U.S. Open Cup and 5-0 over reigning MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy in league play.
- In the win over LA, the largest margin of victory in Revs history, Diego Fagundez scored for the fourth game in a row. Defensively, the Revolution haven't conceded in 305 minutes.
- D.C. has not won in its last 11 games, a new record.
- United won all three games against the Revs last season, all by a goal.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Make Your Prediction
New England Revolution
Top 3 Predictions
New England Revolution 0-2 D.C. United
- 18.52 %
New England Revolution 1-2 D.C. United
- 15.74 %
New England Revolution 1-3 D.C. United
- 9.26 %
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2014-04-05||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-09-21||New England Revolution 2 - D.C. United 1|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-07-27||D.C. United 1 - New England Revolution 2|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-06-08||New England Revolution 0 - D.C. United 0|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-09-15||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 1|
|New England Revolution|
|2014-04-12||New England Revolution 2 - Houston Dynamo 0||MLS|
|2014-04-05||D.C. United 2 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
|2014-03-29||San Jose Earthquakes 1 - New England Revolution 2||MLS|
|2014-03-22||New England Revolution 0 - Vancouver Whitecaps 0||MLS|
|2014-03-15||Philadelphia Union 1 - New England Revolution 0||MLS|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed