Premier League Preview: Arsenal - Norwich
The Gunners are looking for a win to hold off the challenge of Tottenham and Newcastle. Norwich will be hoping for their first away win against the north Londoners since 1992.
By Joe Wright
Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Rosicky, Song, Ramsey
Gervinho, Van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Martin, Whitbread, Ward, Naughton
E Bennett, Hoolahan, Surman
Arsenal is expected to name an unchanged side from last week's 1-1 draw with Stoke. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is likely to start in place of Theo Walcott, who is still nursing a hamstring injury, with Aaron Ramsey continuing to deputize for the stricken Mikel Arteta (ankle). Per Mertersacker (ankle) and Abou Diaby (thigh) will be sidelined for the remainder of the season.
The visitor will likely return captain Grant Holt to the starting lineup in place of Steve Morison, who began last week's defeat to Liverpool. Kyle Naughton is expected to return at fullback, and American Zak Whitbread could be in line for a start after recovering from a calf injury but will require a late fitness test.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsene Wenger (pictured right) will celebrate his 900th game in charge of Arsenal on Saturday.
- Having won nine out of 10 in the league since Feb. 4, the Gunners have since failed to win any of their last three matches.
Robin van Persie needs just two more goals to equal Thierry Henry’s club record of 30 in a Premier League season, set back in 2003-04.
- Arsenal has won the last four meetings between the sides, including the reverse fixture back in November.
- Norwich has not won away to Arsenal since August 1992 - the very first weekend of the Premier League.
- On current form Paul Lambert's side is in the bottom three, conceding 11 goals in its last three games
- The Canaries have kept just two clean sheets this season - the lowest number in the top flight.
- Grant Holt has netted 13 league goals in the current campaign, the best tally of any uncapped English player.
- Norwich has scored the joint-most headed goals in the top flight this season (15).
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal FC 3-0 Norwich City
- 22.47 %
Arsenal FC 2-0 Norwich City
- 12.86 %
Arsenal FC 3-1 Norwich City
- 12.35 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2013-10-19||Arsenal FC 4 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2013-04-13||Arsenal FC 3 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2012-10-20||Norwich City 1 - Arsenal FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2012-05-05||Arsenal FC 3 - Norwich City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||2011-11-19||Norwich City 1 - Arsenal FC 2|
|2014-04-20||Hull City 0 - Arsenal FC 3||EPL|
|2014-04-15||Arsenal FC 3 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
|2014-04-12||Wigan Athletic 1 - Arsenal FC 1||FA|
|2014-04-06||Everton 3 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
|2014-03-29||Arsenal FC 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|