MLS Preview: New England Revolution - Houston Dynamo
The stage is set for a hard-fought match between two teams on the Eastern Conference playoff bubble.
By Keith Hickey
|New England Revolution (4-5-1): Shuttleworth; Farrell, McCarthy, Goncalves, Tierney; Fsgundez, Rowe, Caldwell, Nguyen, Sene, Barrett.
OUT: Juan Agudelo (R knee sprain), Kevin Alston (illness) - DL
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Creavalle, Boswell, Brunner, Taylor; Garcia, Moffat, Clark, Driver; Cummings, Barnes.
OUT: Anthony Arena (R ankle sprain), Calen Carr (L knee), Brad Davis (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Boniek Garcia (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are trading paint in the battle for the final playoff spot in the East. Houston holds the berth with 26 points from 18 games, but New England is just behind, on 24 from 17.
- They've already met once in the league. New England became the second away team ever to take al three points from BBVA Compass Stadium with a 2-0 win on May 18.
- Ricardo Clark's goal against Philadelphia on Saturday ended a 299-minute scoreless streak for the Orange. It was Houston's first goal since June 1.
- New England leads the all-time series between these two sides, with eight wins from 18 meetings. Houston has five wins, and they pair have split five draws.
- The Revs' main offensive weapon this season has been Diego Fagundez. The teenager has lead the way with five goals and four assists.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to $100 CAD|
Top 3 Predictions
New England Revolution 2-2 Houston Dynamo
- 22.22 %
New England Revolution 4-0 Houston Dynamo
- 22.22 %
New England Revolution 3-1 Houston Dynamo
- 11.11 %
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-09-28||New England Revolution 1 - Houston Dynamo 1|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-07-13||New England Revolution 1 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2013-05-18||Houston Dynamo 0 - New England Revolution 2|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-09-29||Houston Dynamo 2 - New England Revolution 0|
|Major League Soccer (MLS)||2012-05-19||New England Revolution 2 - Houston Dynamo 2|
|New England Revolution|
|2013-11-06||Sporting Kansas City 3 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|2013-11-02||New England Revolution 2 - Sporting Kansas City 1||MLS|
|2013-10-27||Columbus Crew 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|2013-10-19||New England Revolution 3 - Columbus Crew 2||MLS|
|2013-10-12||Montreal Impact 0 - New England Revolution 1||MLS|
|7||Juan Carlos Toja||Midfielder|
|92||D. Imbongo Boele||Striker|
Times In EDT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed