Sydney FC will welcome attacking midfielder Nick Carle back into their squad for the 2013-14 A-League season, with his loan deal with Bani Yas set to expire
|By SHAM MAJID
Sydney FC have confirmed that midfielder Nick Carle will play for the club next season after his loan deal with Bani Yas is completed.
The 31-year-old attacking midfielder has penned a contract extension with the Sky Blues, committing himself to the club until the end of the 2014-2015 A-League campaign.
The former Crystal Palace player will finish the United Arab Emirates Pro League season with Bani Yas, before arriving back in Sydney to rest and recuperate ahead of pre-season training.
"I’m really happy to be coming back to Sydney FC," Carle said.
"I enjoyed my experience in Abu Dhabi with Bani Yas but Sydney is home and I want to finish my career with Sydney FC.
"I’m looking forward to getting back to Sydney FC, working with Frank Farina and doing my best for the club.
"I've spoken to a few of the players and there’s a real determination to get stuck into pre season training and make sure we're ready for the start of the season to improve on what was a disappointing season for the club last year."
Carle joined Sydney FC before the 2010-2011 season, playing 42 games and netting seven goals before linking up with Bani Yas on a 12-month loan in August.
He scored two goals in 20 league matches for Bani Yas.
Sydney FC coach Frank Farina is eagerly anticipating the arrival of Carle as he restructures his squad ahead of the 2013-2014 campaign.
"It's great news that Nick has confirmed he's coming back to Sydney FC," Farina said.
"I have been planning for the [2013-14] season thinking he would be in the squad but to have it confirmed is a positive. He's a quality player and adds a lot to our attack."
Carle will begin training with the rest of the Sydney FC squad on June 19 and is poised to feature in the club's friendly Sagan Tosu in Japan in July.