|By MICHAEL HUGUENIN
Melbourne Victory manager Ange Postecoglou has denied Spanish winger Luis Moran is on his list of possible replacements for Gui Finkler.
Moran had been linked with A-League Victory after his agent claimed the 25-year-old former Sporting Gijon player would not be joining Thai Premier League club Suphanburi because of the interest from the blue half of Melbourne.
But Postecoglou denied knowing anything about Moran on Friday and made it clear the Spaniard was well out of the running.
Victory is in the midst of an exhaustive search for a player to cover the loss of Finkler, who injured his anterior cruciate ligament against Western Sydney in Week 14.
"I had a list of about 1,000 [names], I've got it down to about 500 and I guarantee you, he's not on that list, so I'm not sure who that is," Postecoglou said.
Postecoglou has shown a knack for finding quality imports during his time managing both Brisbane Roar and Victory.
Having once driven eight hours for a half-hour coffee with Thomas Broich to question the German before taking him to Brisbane, Postecoglou admitted he would take his time to find the right player for Victory.
"We won't make a decision until I'm certain that will benefit what we're doing.
"From our point of view that might take a little bit of time but we're certainly looking for a replacement but there's no hurry.
"We're nowhere near anywhere to be interested in anyone yet.
"As I said I'm working through a list of potential recruits and that takes a long time."