Bruno Cazarine and Karol Kisel among those to depart, while no decision has been made on the likes of Michael Beauchamp and Scott Jamieson
Sydney FC's squad changeover has begun, with Juho Makela, Jamie Coyne, Bruno Cazarine and Karol Kisel those to depart.
Doubt still remains on the future of No.2 goalkeeper Liam Reddy due to his disciplinary hearing, while the futures of Michael Beauchamp, Scott Jamieson and Shannon Cole at the club are also yet to be decided.
Promoted from the Sky Blues' National Youth League team to the senior squad are Mitch Mallia, Daniel Petkovski and Hagi Gligor.
Finnish striker Makela, Brazilian and 2011-12 leading scorer Makela and Czech veteran Karol Kisel have all returned to their respective homelands, while Reddy's hearing after admitting to being drunk on the Sky Blues' flight to Wellington for their elimination final has been postponed to Thursday.
Right-back Coyne's Sydney career comes to an end after just one season and 15 appearances, having agreed to a termination of his two-year contract in order to reportedly join Indonesia Super League outfit Sriwijaya FC.
"Sydney FC will not be extending the contracts of Juho Makela, Jamie Coyne and Bruno Cazarine and Karol Kisel had already decided to return to Europe," Sydney FC football director Gary Cole confirmed, revealing the club had 17 players contracted for the 2012-13 A-League season.
Cole said the futures of out-of-contract trio Beauchamp, Jamieson and Cole would be decided by after the appointment of a new coach, while initial discussions had taken place with several transfer targets.
"The remaining spots will not be filled until we have selected a coach. That includes current players who are out of contract and players we have identified and started discussions with from within Australia and overseas," Cole said.