The keeper has admitted his interest in moving to Camp Nou as the Catalans look to replace Victor Valdes ahead of his decision to leave the club next summer
Victor Valdes' decision to leave Camp Nou when his contract expires next summer means the current Liga champions are on the look out for a replacement.
And the Brazil international admitted he is happy to have been linked with the club but says no approach has been made as yet.
"Who wouldn’t like to play for Barca?" Alves told Placar. "Still, it [moving to Barcelona] isn’t just down to me. There is always speculation about me, but nothing official.
"I’ll keep doing my job for Valencia, where I have a contract until 2015. However, I’m sorry that Valdes is leaving. He’s a great loss to them. I think he’s the most in-form keeper around."
Valdes proved instrumental in Barcelona's 4-0 win at Rayo on Saturday as he saved a second penalty inside a week, and those efforts won the applause of Blaugrana boss Gerardo Martino.
"I don’t think it’s for me to say [if Valdes is the best keeper in Spain]. He’s in exceptional form, he’s among the top three Spanish keepers, and all I can do is enjoy it," Martino said.
"He made three or four key saves, but there’s no chance of him renewing his contract."
The Spain international had already confirmed as much last Saturday, stating: "Always I am a professional. I have spoken with the club without problems but my choice has not changed.
"I am happy for this season and after, I leave. I do not need to add more quotes."
The 31-year-old Barcelona youth product has made over 350 appearances since being promoted to the first team in 2002, en route to winning six Primera Liga and three Champions League titles.