The boardmember of the Ligue 1 side has announced that the 22-year-old is not on his way to Stamford Bridge after turning down an offer in the region of €4 million (£3.2m)
Marseille president Vincent Labrune has refuted claims that defender Cesar Azpilicueta is on the verge of a move to Chelsea.
The full-back has been a long-term target for the Champions League and FA Cup winners as they continue to search for cover in defence.
Aziplicueta was thought to be close to a switch to Stamford Bridge, but Labrune has instead confirmed that the Ligue 1 side have rejected the Blues’ latest offer.
"Last Friday, they [Chelsea] come to us with €4m [£3.2m], but we told them that is not a [good enough] offer,” Labrune told La Marseillaise.
Both Labrune and sporting director Jose Anigo had been spotted in London this week, adding fuel to the fire that an agreement was close regarding the 22-year-old.
However, Marseille remain keen to keep the former Osasuna player and Labrune is adamant that a move is not in the offing.
He added: "I do not know who started this story, but they are totally wrong. It surely comes from agents that have an interest in the deal.
"Maybe they imagine that by running around making a noise about 8million euros it will make a difference, but it will not,” he continued.