The 25-year-old shot-stopper has refuted suggestions that the Portuguese trainer has taken advantage of him recently, insisting there is "no controversy" at Santiago Bernabeu
Reports have speculated as to whether Los Blancos' No.2 was purely inserted into the starting XI to try and get a reaction out of club captain Iker Casillas, who was dropped for "technical reasons".
But the 25-year-old insists he does not think Mourinho has taken advantage of him.
“Do I feel used by Mourinho? Not at all, what the coach has done is pick a starting eleven that I was in and that's it. There is no controversy," he told reporters.
“The coach decides what's best for the team and there are no arguments.
“There have been all kinds of opinions, but I have stayed away from it. I speak with the coach and my team-mates, whose opinions are the ones that I really care about.
“I haven’t really paid the rest much attention."
Real Madrid resume Liga action against Valencia on Sunday, and while Casillas played in the last league match - a 0-0 draw against Osasuna - Adan has not lost hope of reclaiming his place in the team.
He added: “The coach chooses the XI and I am beyond all the controversy. Has the coach decided to play me for the whole of the League campaign? Only [the press] have said that.
“I just know that I played five games last year and already I have surpassed that barrier this term and the important thing for me is to have minutes.