Joachim Low says that he will closely assess his Germany side before making any cuts in time for Euro 2012, and that none of the players called up to the squad are certain to go to the tournament.
The 52-year-old announced his preliminary squad for the competition earlier this week, and surprisingly included the likes of Julian Draxler, Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ilkay Gundogan.
While denying that the less experienced players are sure to be cut from the squad, Low hinted that they would come in for particularly close scrutiny.
"Of course there are players [who know they're being watched closely]. But now I don't need to mention any names. As for players who have been mentioned in the public as sure cuts, everyone has a fair chance.
"They must convince me in the preparation with relentless work and strong will - then they will have a chance to book their ticket to the Euros. Everyone must compete for a starting place."
Low went on to outline his plans for the build up to the tournament, and said that his first port of call will be making sure that all of his players are in sufficient shape to compete.
"We will make the best of it. In the so-called 'recovery training camp' we'll use players who have not played regularly recently due to injuries so they will get physically fit.
"This primarily concerns Per Mertesacker, and also the Bender twins. Dortmund will be extra drained after the Pokal final. It will be highly individual training, but there will be two practice sessions per day.
"The players can be prepared for an intensive and comprehensive programme.
"As for the second phase of training in France, we will work more on the football field; in phase three, in Poland, we will do our tactical fine tuning."
Germany begin their preparations for Euro 2012 with a friendly clash against Switzerland on May 26.