The Danish Superliga winners travel to Ukraine to face Mircea Lucescu's men, who will be hoping to get through the group stage, after falling there in last year's competition
Rat, Chygrynskiy, Rakitskiy, Srna
Willian, Alex Teixeira, Douglas Costa
Mtiliga, Okore, Runje, Parkhurst
Stockholm, Adu, Christensen
Lorentzen, Beckmann, John
Shakhtar welcome Champions League freshmen Nordsjaelland to the Donbass Arena as they look to make it 10 wins from 10 competitive matches. Following their comfortable 3-0 victory over Zorya Lugansk, head coach Mircea Lucescu will be able to field a side free of any significant injury concerns.
Razvan Rat and Darijo Srna are likely to reclaim their respective full-back berths whilst Eduardo will make way for Henrikh Mkhitaryan. Behind him, the creative spark will be provided by the familiar trio of perennial Premier League targets Willian, Alex Teixeira and Douglas Costa.
Nordsjaelland, meanwhile, have not displayed the same consistency exhibited by their more illustrious opponents. Still bruising from a weekend loss to FC Copenhagen, the Danes sit six points off the summit of the Danish league with nine games played.
They will look, in chief, to forward Joshua John to fire them to victory, whilst highly rated defender Jores Okore will look to marshal the backline against the formidable attacking talent they will face.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Shakhtar’s most successful Champions League campaign was 2010-11, when they reached the quarter-finals.
- Shakhtar have won 19 top-flight matches in a row – a record for the Ukrainian league.
- The Ukranian champions have scored 245 goals in all European competitions.
- No member of FC Nordsjaelland’s squad has ever appeared in the Champions League.
The Danes have not been beaten at home in 10 games.
- Last season was their first ever league triumph in Denmark.