Cristiano Ronaldo & Co. will be seeking revenge against Joachim Low's side for their elimination at the last eight stage four years ago when they face off on Saturday
Boateng, Mertesacker, Badstuber, Lahm
Muller, Ozil, Podolski
Pereira, Pepe, Alves, Coentrao
Meireles, Veloso, Moutinho
Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo
Germany are expected to have a fully-fit squad for Saturday's encounter with Portugal in Lviv.
Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger did not feature in any of the pre-tournament friendlies due to a calf problem but has been declared fit, and will take his place in central midfield.
Captain Philipp Lahm will start at left-back, with his Bayern team-mate Jerome Boateng likely to get the nod over Lars Bender on the opposite flank, with the chosen player tasked with shackling Cristiano Ronaldo.
Portugal coach Paulo Bento should recall new Valencia signing Joao Pereira to the starting XI in place of Miguel Lopes at right-back, while Helder Postiga is vying for a starting berth in attack.
Winger Nani picked up a foot injury in the 3-1 friendly defeat against Turkey last Saturday but is expected to be fit, and will take his place on the right of a front three.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Germany have won just two of their last five matches (W2, D1, L2) heading into Euro 2012.
- The Mannschaft beat Luiz Felipe Scolari's Portugal 3-2 at the quarter-final stage of Euro 2008, en route to a 1-0 final defeat by Spain.
- Germany and Spain were the only teams to have a 100 per cent record in the qualifying phase, although the Germans played 10 games to the Spaniards' eight.
- Joachim Low's side were the second-highest scorers in qualifying, their 34 goals only three shy of the Netherlands.
- Portugal have won just one of their last six matches (W1, D3, L2).
- The Seleccao are meeting Germany for the 17th time, with their head-to head record reading W3, D5, L8.
- Three of Portugal's last five games have ended goalless. A 0-0 draw with Germany is 9/1 with bet365.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured right) netted seven times in eight qualifiers, taking his international goals tally to 32, level with Luis Figo. Only Pauleta (47) and Eusebio (41) have scored more.
Don't forget to follow all the action LIVE on the Goal.com match centre on Saturday night! Chat with friends, predict scores and follow every Euro 2012 match live - just click here to get started