Frank Schaefer's second spell in charge of the visitors' begins with the short trip to Borussia Park on Sunday, with both sides targeting a much-need victory
Jantschke, Stranzl, Dante, Daems
Herrmann, Nordtveit, Neustadter, Arango
Brecko, Geromel, McKenna, Eichner
Jajalo, Lanig, Riether, Peszko
Lucien Favre will be able to welcome back Tony Jantschke, who missed the midweek clash with Werder Bremen with a gluteal strain. The 22-year-old will slot in at right-back, leaving Martin Stranzl to take up his usual centre-back spot alongside with Dante, with Roel Brouwers dropping out.
Elsewhere, the Swiss coach should name an unchanged lineup from the Weserstadion clash, with Marco Reus shrugging off the injury that forced him off in the first half of the draw with Hertha Berlin and playing 90 minutes against Thomas Schaaf's men.
Tuesday's 4-0 defeat to Mainz brought an end to Stale Solbakken's reign as Koln coach, and his replacement, Frank Schaefer, who returns to the club he left last year, is expected to make several changes.
At the back, Kevin McKenna and Christian Eichner are expected to replace Henrique Sereno and Ammar El Jemal respectively, while Christian Clemens and Odise Roshi will drop out of the midfield in favour of Mato Jajalo and Slawomir Peszko. Finally, Milivoje Novakovic will come in for Mikael Ishak and partner Lukas Podolski up front.
Kevin Pezzoni and Petit are set to be left out, Andrezinho has a torn anterior cruciate ligament, Mark Uth has pelvic cartilage inflammation, while Adil Chihi is not sufficiently fit to feature.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Monchengladbach have won their last three games against Koln, scoring a total of 12 goals in the process.
- Gladbach claimed their second DFB-Pokal in 1974, beating the Billy Goats in the final.
- Marco Reus (pictured) has scored 15 Bundesliga goals this season, with 11 of these coming at Borussia Park.
- Koln have won 41% of their league games with Frank Schaefer in charge, while Stale Solbakken has the worst points-per-game ratio (0.97) of any coach the club have had.
- The Billy Goats have lost ten games on their travels this season, the joint-most in the Bundesliga along with Wolfsburg.
- The visitors have won just two matches in 2012, and have picked up just one point in their last five fixtures.