Borussia Dortmund-Hamburg Preview: Champions looking to avenge early-season loss
Jurgen Klopp's side suffered their first league defeat of 2012 to HSV back in September, and will be hoping to get their own back at Signal Iduna Park
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Diekmeier, Bruma, Westermann, Jansen
Beister, Van der Vaart, Son
Borussia Dortmund should be boosted by the return of Neven Subotic, who has yet to feature in 2013 following a hamstring injury, with Felipe Santana set to drop to the bench. Roman Weidenfeller has recovered from the flu which kept him out of the trip to Leverkusen last week, and will reclaim his place between the sticks.
Meanwhile, Sven Bender should keep his place in midfield ahead of club captain Sebastian Kehl. Nuri Sahin will start on the bench once more. Patrick Owomoyela remains sidelined.
By contrast, HSV are missing a host of players. Lam Zhi Gin has a knee problem, Michael Mancienne has torn ankle ligaments, Milan Badelj is suspended and Ivo Ilicevic has an abdominal muscle strain.
Maximilian Beister should start ahead of Tolgay Arslan on the right-hand side of midfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund have scored 11 goals since the resumption of the Bundesliga in January, more than any other team.
- This fixture has produced more goals than any other in Bundesliga history - 324 in 91 matches.
- BVB have won their last four matches against Hamburg at Signal Iduna Park, including a Mario Gotze-inspired 3-1 victory on the opening day of last season.
- Hamburg ended Dortmund's 31-match unbeaten league run earlier in the season, recording a 3-2 win over the champions at the Imtech Arena in September.
- HSV coach Thorsten Fink was born in Dortmund, and spent six years as a youth player at the club.
- Rafael van der Vaart has won his last four Bundesliga games against BVB.
|$200 Free Bets For New Customers|
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Hamburger SV
- 18.05 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Hamburger SV
- 13.16 %
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Hamburger SV
- 11.89 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||15/09/2013||Borussia Dortmund 6 - Hamburger SV 2|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||22/07/2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Hamburger SV 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||10/02/2013||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Hamburger SV 4|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||22/09/2012||Hamburger SV 3 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||05/08/2012||Hamburger SV 0 - Borussia Dortmund 1|
|12/12/2013||Olympique de Marseille 1 - Borussia Dortmund 2||UCL|
|08/12/2013||Borussia Dortmund 0 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1||BUN|
|04/12/2013||1. FC Saarbruecken 0 - Borussia Dortmund 2||GERC|
|01/12/2013||1. FSV Mainz 05 1 - Borussia Dortmund 3||BUN|
|27/11/2013||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Napoli 1||UCL|
|8||Tomás Eduardo Rincón||Midfielder|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|
|13||Per Ciljan Skjelbred||Midfielder|
|18||Tolgay Ali Arslan||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed