Borussia Dortmund - Fortuna Dusseldorf Preview: Klopp's side hope to take advantage of home comforts
The reigning Bundesliga champions beat Mainz 2-1 on Saturday and will be confident of continuing their rich vein of form against Norbert Meier's struggling side
By Alec Fenn
Piszczek, Hummels, Subotic, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Levels, Langeneke, Juanan, Van den Bergh
Garbuschewski, Bodzek, Lambertz, Bellinghausen, Kruse, Rafael
This might well be Borussia Dortmund's third game inside six days but Jurgen Klopp's side are showing no signs of slowing just yet.
If anything, an intense programme of fixtures appears to have brought the best out of BVB and they head into Tuesday's encounter on a run of four consecutive victories.
Quite how much Saturday's hard-fought victory over Mainz has taken out of the reigning Bundesliga champions remains to be seen, but the visit of lowly Fortuna Dusseldorf will give the home side confidence of extending their rich vein of form.
Norbert Meier's side beat Hamburg 2-0 at the weekend, but prior to that much needed win the division's newcomers had lost two of their previous three games.
The club's patchy home form has been their Achillees heel so far this season, with Saturday's success their first win of the campaign at the ESPRIT Arena and they will hope a marginally improved away record sees them spring a surprise on Dortmund.
Dusseldorf will have to do without Dani Schahin, Stelios Malezas, Oliver Fink and Bruno Soares through injury, while Dortmund are missing Sebastian Kehl and Patrick Owomoyela.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Borussia Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park holds 80,645 supporters.
- The reigning Bundesliga champions have won the league title eight times in their history.
- Robert Lewandowski (right) has now scored 12 goals in 20 appearances in all competitions following his double in the 2-1 win over Mainz on Saturday.
- BVB have won four, drawn one and lost one of their six home games this season.
- Dusseldorf sit in 14th position in the league table ahead of the encounter.
- Norbert Meier's side were promoted to the Bundesliga last season after finishing third in Germany's second tier.
- A win for Tuesday's visitors could see them leap three places in the division to 11th position.
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Fortuna Düsseldorf
- 22.53 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Fortuna Düsseldorf
- 13.12 %
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Fortuna Düsseldorf
- 12.81 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||28/04/2013||Fortuna Düsseldorf 1 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||28/11/2012||Borussia Dortmund 1 - Fortuna Düsseldorf 1|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||21/12/2011||Fortuna Düsseldorf 0 - Borussia Dortmund 0|
|16/04/2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - VfL Wolfsburg 0||GERC|
|13/04/2014||FC Bayern München 0 - Borussia Dortmund 3||BUN|
|09/04/2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Real Madrid CF 0||UCL|
|06/04/2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - VfL Wolfsburg 1||BUN|
|03/04/2014||Real Madrid CF 3 - Borussia Dortmund 0||UCL|
|23||Johannes van den Bergh||Defender|
|-||Evans Owusu Nyarko||Midfielder|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed