Corinthians - Boca Juniors Preview: Brazilians look to win first Libertadores title with second-leg result
There is nothing between the two sides after a first-leg draw in Argentina as the Pacaembu welcomes two of the continent's best-supported clubs for the grand finale
By Tom Webber
Alessandro, Chicao, Leandro Castan, Fabio Santos
Jorge Henrique, Emerson
Sosa, Schiavi, Caruzzo, Clemente
Ledesma, Somoza, Erviti
Tite is expected to name the same line-up from when his side travelled to La Bombonera meaning there is no place for first-leg hero Romarinho. A well-taken goal kept the Brazilians in with a great chance of lifting their first-ever Copa title, but despite rotation recently his place is expected to be taken up Chicao. Should Jorge Henrique push out to the right then the formation could become a 4-2-3-1 with Paulinho and Ralf taking on the job of nullifying Juan Roman Riquelme.
Julio Cesar Falcioni only makes on change from the 1-1 draw in Buenos Aires as Franco Sosa comes in at right-back. He replaces goalscorer from the first leg Facundo Roncaglia because the club could not offer insurance against injury to Fiorentina, who he is soon to join. Rolando Schiavi will be partnered in defence by Matias Caruzzo, meaning that Juan Manuel Insaurralde will start among the substitutes with Pablo Mouche and Santiago Silva continuing their partnership up front.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Boca Juniors will be taking part in the 10th Copa Libertadores final in the history of the club. They have emerged victorious on six occasions. Winning their seventh trophy would equal local rivals Independiente's all-time record.
- The Xeneize have only suffered defeat once in this year's edition of the competition and that came at the hands of Brazilian opposition in Fluminense.
- Juan Roman Riquelme could also earn his fourth winners medal, but he would need another two victories to match Francisco Sa's record of six triumphs whilst at both Independiente (4) and Boca (2).
- In stark contrast, Corinthians are bidding to win the title for the first time ever.
- The Timao, or Boca, could well end up playing Chelsea at the Club World Cup in December by winning the trophy.
- The Pacaembu will be holding its fourth final on Wednesday evening. Only Santos have won the title at the stadium, Sao Caetano and Palmeiras were both beaten at the final hurdle.
|$200 Free Bets For New Customers|
Top 3 Predictions
Corinthians 0-2 Boca Juniors
- 14.37 %
Corinthians 1-2 Boca Juniors
- 14.07 %
Corinthians 2-1 Boca Juniors
- 13.91 %
|Copa Libertadores (CLIB)||16/05/2013||Corinthians 1 - Boca Juniors 1|
|Copa Libertadores (CLIB)||02/05/2013||Boca Juniors 1 - Corinthians 0|
|Copa Libertadores (CLIB)||05/07/2012||Corinthians 2 - Boca Juniors 0|
|Copa Libertadores (CLIB)||28/06/2012||Boca Juniors 1 - Corinthians 1|
|01/12/2013||Corinthians 0 - Internacional 0||BRA1|
|25/11/2013||Flamengo 1 - Corinthians 0||BRA1|
|18/11/2013||Corinthians 0 - Vasco da Gama 0||BRA1|
|14/11/2013||Coritiba 0 - Corinthians 1||BRA1|
|11/11/2013||Corinthians 1 - Fluminense 0||BRA1|
|10||Juan Román Riquelme||Midfielder|
|28||Juan Sánchez Miño||Midfielder|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed