Toulouse-Paris Saint-Germain Preview: Ancelotti's men hope to cement Ligue 1 top spot
The capital giants travel to Stadium Municipal to face Alain Casanova's plucky outfit, who will be seeking revenge for last week's cup defeat
By Mohammed Ali
Ninkov, Aurier, Yago, M'Bengue
Braaten, Didot, Sirieix, Tabanou
Jallet, Armand, Sakho, Maxwell
Lucas Moura, Matuidi, Verratti, Menez
Toulouse coach Alain Casanova possesses a defensive dilemma ahead of the visit of Paris Saint-Germain to Stadium Municipal on Friday evening.
With Aymen Abdennour at the Africa Cup of Nations with Tunisia, and Jonathan Zebina still on the sidelines with injury, it leaves 20-year-old Steeve Yago as the only first-team centre-back remaining in the squad. Both Etienne Capoue and Serge Aurier have filled in that role in recent weeks, and it will be up to Casanova to again draft in players in unfamiliar positions.
With Moussa Sissoko now departed to Newcastle United, Etienne Didot will become a mainstay in midfield, with the threatening Franck Tabanou and Wissam Ben Yedder aiming to continue their fruitful relationship.
PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti has been dealt a blow with the news that Thiago Motta is out "for at least 10 days" following his injury in the 1-0 win over Lille on Sunday.
Marco Verratti should continue his alongside Blaise Matuidi, with Thiago Silva's absence meaning Sylvain Armand - who captained the side last week - will start at centre-back.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toulouse sit tenth in the Ligue 1 table, but are unbeaten in their last four league encounters.
- Le Tefece have not beaten PSG in a competitive fixture since October 2009, with les Parisiens winning all seven encounters since.
- Toulouse were dumped out of the Coupe de France by Ancelotti's side last week thanks to goals from Ezequiel Lavezzi, Kevin Gameiro and Javier Pastore.
- PSG sit top of Ligue 1 - albeit only on goal difference - from Olympique Lyonnais.
- Les Parisiens have not lost a competitive fixture since their December 1 defeat to Nice.
- That game was the last time Salvatore Sirigu conceded a goal in Ligue 1 - with the goalkeeper yet to be breached in 775 minutes - a new club record.
- PSG will face fierce rivals Olympique de Marseille twice in February after being drawn against Elie Baup's side in the Coupe de France.
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
Top 3 Predictions
Toulouse FC 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain
- 16.05 %
Toulouse FC 1-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 14.35 %
Toulouse FC 0-3 Paris Saint-Germain
- 12.64 %
|France - Ligue 1 (Lig1)||24/02/2014||Toulouse FC 2 - Paris Saint-Germain 4|
|France - Ligue 1 (Lig1)||29/09/2013||Paris Saint-Germain 2 - Toulouse FC 0|
|France - Ligue 1 (Lig1)||02/02/2013||Toulouse FC 0 - Paris Saint-Germain 4|
|France - Coupe de France (FRAC)||24/01/2013||Paris Saint-Germain 3 - Toulouse FC 1|
|France - Ligue 1 (Lig1)||15/09/2012||Paris Saint-Germain 2 - Toulouse FC 0|
|13/04/2014||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2 - Toulouse FC 0||Lig1|
|06/04/2014||Toulouse FC 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 2||Lig1|
|30/03/2014||AC Ajaccio 2 - Toulouse FC 2||Lig1|
|23/03/2014||Toulouse FC 1 - Evian Thonon Gaillard 1||Lig1|
|16/03/2014||Rennes 2 - Toulouse FC 3||Lig1|
|14||François Paxti Sirieix||Midfielder|
|7||Wissam Ben Yedder||Midfielder|
|23||Gregory van der Wiel||Defender|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed