Liverpool - Norwich Preview: Suarez seeks third Canaries hat-trick as Reds aim to bounce back from Old Trafford loss
The Uruguayan has claimed the matchball in each of his last two meetings against the East Anglian side, who have won just once away from home in the league so far this season
By Theo Squires
Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson
Gerrard, Lucas, Allen
Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling
Martin, Turner, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington
After scoring in each of his first two games for Liverpool since his £12 million move from Chelsea earlier this month, Daniel Sturridge is in line to start this weekend as he prepares to make his home debut for the Reds.
After coming through his comeback appearance against Manchester United unscathed, Fabio Borini (foot) is again expected to make the bench for Brendan Rodgers' side.
Jon Flanagan (knee) joins long-term absentees Jose Enrique (hamstring) and Martin Kelly (knee) on the sidelines after he was ruled out for three months following an injury picked up against Southampton U21s on Monday night.
Chris Hughton will be hopeful that leading goalscorer Grant Holt (hamstring) will be fit to lead the line after he completed the last 20 minutes against Newcastle United last weekend.
Jonny Howson (illness) is also hopeful of returning to the Norwich side, but the trip to Anfield comes too soon for Steve Morison (leg) who is still ruled out through injury.
Andrew Surman (knee), John Ruddy and Steven Whittaker (both knee) all remain long-term absentees for the Canaries.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have scored in each of their last 11 games - their best run since September 2009, when they found the net 23 games in a row.
- By scoring against Manchester United last weekend, Daniel Sturridge (pictured right) became the first Reds player to score in both of their first two games since Nigel Clough in August 1993.
- If Sturridge scores again against Norwich he will be the first player to score in his first three games for the club since Ray Kennedy in 1974. Only seven other men have accomplished that feat for Liverpool.
- Glen Johnson made his professional debut against Norwich back in October 2002, while Jordan Henderson and Jonjo Shelvey both scored their first ever senior goals against the Canaries.
- Luis Suarez has scored hat-tricks in both of his last two clashes against Norwich. If he scores another he will become the first Liverpool player to score three league hat-tricks against the same club. He is 9/1 to score three or more goals with bet365.
- Norwich City's last win against the Reds came almost 20 years ago, and is also their only ever Premier League victory at Anfield. Jeremy Goss scored the only goal, in what was the last ever game in front of the standing Kop before it became an all-seater stand back in April 1994.
- Chris Hughton's side have won just once away from home in the league all season. That solitary victory came against Swansea City when the Canaries claimed a 4-3 victory at the Liberty Stadium.
- The Canaries' 0-0 draw with Newcastle last weekend saw them claim their first clean sheet since their famous 1-0 victory over Manchester United back in November.
- Norwich have not won any of their last five Premier League matches. Their barren run follows on from a 10-game unbeaten spell, which itself had come after the Canaries had started the season without a win in their first seven games.
- Three of Norwich City's last four goals against Liverpool have been scored by substitutes. Grant Holt has come off the bench to score in two of his three Premier League appearances against the Reds, while Ryan Jarvis scored a late consolation for the Canaries at Carrow Road back in January 2005
|No1 for Football - Join Now|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 3-0 Norwich City
- 17.34 %
Liverpool 3-1 Norwich City
- 13.08 %
Liverpool 2-0 Norwich City
- 10.42 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||05/12/2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||20/01/2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||30/09/2012||Norwich City 2 - Liverpool 5|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||29/04/2012||Norwich City 0 - Liverpool 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||23/10/2011||Liverpool 1 - Norwich City 1|
|02/03/2014||Southampton 0 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|24/02/2014||Liverpool 4 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|17/02/2014||Arsenal FC 2 - Liverpool 1||FA|
|13/02/2014||Fulham 2 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|08/02/2014||Liverpool 5 - Arsenal FC 1||EPL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed