Stoke - Chelsea Preview: Benitez looking for response after Capital One Cup defeat to Swansea
The Blues boss will be hoping to bounce back following a shock loss to the Swans, but they will have their work cut out against a Stoke side unbeaten in 17 league games at home
By Rhys Turrell
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson
Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam
Kightly, Jones, Walters
Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole
David Luiz, Lampard
Marin, Mata, Hazard
Stoke City manager Tony Pulis has just Rory Delap (hernia) and Mark Wilson (broken leg) absent for the visit of European champions Chelsea.
The Potters boss may decide to recall the likes of Kenwyne Jones, Glenn Whelan and Asmir Begovic - who all missed the 0-0 FA Cup draw with Crystal Palace last time out.
Blues manager Rafa Benitez may look to shake things up after his side's 2-0 defeat to Swansea in the first leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final, with Demba Ba and Frank Lampard contenders to return to the starting XI.
The Spaniard may be able to call on the services of captain John Terry (knee), after the 32-year-old made his return to action in a Chelsea development squad game on Thursday.
Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel are away at the Africa Cup on Nations, whilst the game will come too soon for Petr Cech (groin). Oriel Romeu (knee) is out for the rest of the season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke's record at the Britannia Stadium is imperious - they are unbeaten in their last 17 Premier League home games.
- The Potters are the only side in the top flight not to have conceded a goal from outside of the penalty box this season.
- Tony Pulis' side have kept a clean sheet in 43% of their league matches this term.
- Chelsea have not lost to Stoke in any competition for 37 years.
- Blues' midfielder Frank Lampard (pictured, right) needs just one goal to go ahead of club legend Kerry Dixon in the Blues' all-time scoring list. They are currently tied on 193 strikes each.
- Out-of-sorts Spain striker Fernando Torres had just 19 touches of the ball in the 80 minutes he played in Chelsea's last game - which was his 100th appearance for the Stamford Bridge club.
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-3 Chelsea FC
- 17.17 %
Stoke City 1-2 Chelsea FC
- 9.25 %
Stoke City 0-3 Chelsea FC
- 9.22 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||06/04/2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||27/01/2014||Chelsea FC 1 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||08/12/2013||Stoke City 3 - Chelsea FC 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||13/01/2013||Stoke City 0 - Chelsea FC 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||23/09/2012||Chelsea FC 1 - Stoke City 0|
|13/04/2014||Stoke City 1 - Newcastle United 0||EPL|
|06/04/2014||Chelsea FC 3 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|30/03/2014||Stoke City 1 - Hull City 0||EPL|
|24/03/2014||Aston Villa 1 - Stoke City 4||EPL|
|16/03/2014||Stoke City 3 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed