Arsenal - West Ham Preview: Visitors look to improve rotten away record
Arsene Wenger's side go into the game looking to keep their top four hopes alive, while opposite number Sam Allardyce will want to arrest the club's recent slide down the table
By James McManus
Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs
Diaby, Wilshere, Cazorla
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski
Demel, Tomkins, Reid, O'Brien
J. Cole, Diame, Noble, Jarvis
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger looks set to be without Tomas Rosicky (calf) and Lukasz Fabianski (ankle) but Andre Santos could be fit and available for selection after being sidelined with an abdominal injury. Mikel Arteta (calf) has an outside chance of returning, but may not be risked.
Ivory Coast forward Gervinho will be absent due to his presence at the African Cup of Nations, while Abou Diaby will be closely monitored prior to kick-off.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce rested Carlon Cole for the weekend's game against QPR but looks certain to return him to the starting line-up, with Marouane Chamakh, on loan from Arsenal, unavailable for the fixture against his parent club.
Elsewhere, both Andy Carroll and George McCartney miss out with knee injuries for the Hammers away trip to the Emirates Stadium, with James Collins still a doubt with a hamstring strain. Forward Modibo Maiga is also at the ACN with Mali.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have fewer points after 22 matches than in any other season since Arsene Wenger took charge in 1996.
- The hosts have won three and lost two of their last five home games, scoring 14 goals and conceding nine in the process.
- Theo Walcott (pictured, right) has already scored a career-high 15 goals for the season in all competitions.
- The Gunners are yet to lose a game in which they have taken the lead this season, winning seven and drawing two.
- Arsene Wenger's side won the reverse fixture in October 3-1 at Upton Park with Olivier Giroud, Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott on target after Mohamed Diame put the hosts ahead.
- West Ham have picked up just eight points from their last 10 league games.
- The visitors have failed to score in seven top flight outings this term to Arsenal's six.
- Sam Allardyce's side have kept just six clean sheets in the Premier League, their last coming six games ago against West Brom.
- The Hammers have picked up just eight points on the road out of a possible 30 and have a division-low of five goals away from home from 10 games.
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal FC 3-1 West Ham United
- 17.14 %
Arsenal FC 3-0 West Ham United
- 13.37 %
Arsenal FC 2-0 West Ham United
- 12.43 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||16/04/2014||Arsenal FC 3 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||27/12/2013||West Ham United 1 - Arsenal FC 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||24/01/2013||Arsenal FC 5 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||07/10/2012||West Ham United 1 - Arsenal FC 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||16/01/2011||West Ham United 0 - Arsenal FC 3|
|16/04/2014||Arsenal FC 3 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
|13/04/2014||Wigan Athletic 1 - Arsenal FC 1||FA|
|06/04/2014||Everton 3 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
|30/03/2014||Arsenal FC 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|26/03/2014||Arsenal FC 2 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed