Manchester City - Aston Villa Preview: Champions looking to maintain unbeaten Premier League run
The champions are the only undefeated side remaining in the league and defend their impressive home record against Paul Lambert's side, who have won just won of their last 13 away
By Tom McKeown
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Toure Y, Barry
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Stevens
Weimann, Westwood, Ireland, Bannan
Joleon Lescott looks set to return to the Manchester City side for Saturday’s visit of Aston Villa after recovering from a back injury, while Samir Nasri should make a comeback from illness.
Gael Clichy (back) should be fit to play after withdrawing from the France squad in midweek. James Milner and Jack Rodwell (both hamstring) are pushing for a return, while Matija Nastasic is fighting to recover from a knee knock.
Enda Stevens could keep his place in the Aston Villa side after deputising for the suspended Eric Lichaj against Manchester United last week, while Darren Bent (ankle) is struggling to recover.
Joe Bennett and Chris Herd (both knee) are still sidelined for Villa, with Paul Lambert likely to name the same XI that lost 3-2 to the Red Devils.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City are unbeaten in the Premier League this season, and haven’t lost at home in the top flight in 35 matches; a run that started with a 4-0 win over Aston Villa in December 2010.
- Mario Balotelli (pictured right) has four goals in two Premier League games against Aston Villa, and six in four appearances in all competitions against them.
- Joleon Lescott has scored more goals against Villa (five) than against any other Premier League side.
- Penalties are a common occurrence in this fixture, with five spot-kicks awarded in their last eight meetings.
- City have scored in every one of their last 37 Premier League home games.
- Roberto Mancini’s side have won 14 points from losing positions this season; only Manchester United (15) have recovered more.
- Before their last away league game – a 1-0 win at Sunderland – Paul Lambert’s side had gone 13 Premier League away games without a win.
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- 14.29 %
Manchester City 3-1 Aston Villa
- 11.67 %
Manchester City 3-0 Aston Villa
- 11.49 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||29/09/2013||Aston Villa 3 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||05/03/2013||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||18/11/2012||Manchester City 5 - Aston Villa 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||26/09/2012||Manchester City 2 - Aston Villa 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||13/02/2012||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City 1|
|17/04/2014||Manchester City 2 - Sunderland 2||EPL|
|13/04/2014||Liverpool 3 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|05/04/2014||Manchester City 4 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|30/03/2014||Arsenal FC 1 - Manchester City 1||EPL|
|26/03/2014||Manchester United 0 - Manchester City 3||EPL|
|8||Karim El Ahmadi||Midfielder|
|21||Jordan Nathaniel Bowery||Striker|
Times In EST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed